View Single Post
      10-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #393
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Today ended up being no rain at all; slate gray skies and temps in the mid-40s. The turbo pulled nicely. Lots of people didn't show up because they thought it was going to rain (everyone did), and the last sessions since so few people were left we ran combined green/black and then another one with yellow/red (they told us it was a new group called orange ). No incidents.

I can't see myself coming back here unless there's a really good reason. And that won't be for the track itself. At least now I can say I did Pocono ... right?

We had half of Turn 3 of the oval, then the infield transition and back out to the oval. I had fun, but it wasn't much in the way of excitement. I would have liked to do the full oval ... there were just a few cones in the way and my front lip is too expensive.

Agree with everything Charles said. I don't think I will go again. It was cool to ride the oval but it would have been awesome to run the triangle a few times. I think CCA was risk averse...safety first :-)

Also, there were a couple of big dips/bumps as you transition from the oval to infield and from infield to oval. They repaved the oval but not the infield track so that was interesting :-) talk about suspension settling test.

Are you guys going to another event or this is it?
Appreciate 0