Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Catless Headers ?

So I was at the mechanic today doing some service and the owner, also a friend of mine, of course he's into cars and such he owns a e36 m3 track car and a 69 camaro ss. I was telling him I want to get catless headers for my 330xi and he was telling me it probably isn't a good idea because I would lose low end torque and get bad mpg. He also said a buddy of his who did this, his car was actually feeling a lot slower on the street. So I figured maybe its the placebo effect where just because it sounds louder, the guys on the forum think its faster. He also mentioned the Check Engine Light popping up, but I hear that's fixable with a BMS Downpipe Fix, right?

Specifically I want MMW ones, it doesn't make a difference which ones but is this true? I was also thinking of doing a 2ndary cat delete but I'm starting to change my mind after hearing this. On top of either the headers or 2ndary cats I wanted to throw an AA Tune on. What do you guys think?

A friend was telling me that the drone is going to be stupid loud so I figure if I get maybe a Vibrant Resonator will that tone it down a bit? Tell me what you guys suggest I also want to do quads if it makes a difference so help me out guys, THANKS!
Appreciate 0