View Single Post
      01-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #145
Scubadiver
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Thanks!

I have been a long time reader of this forum. I have a 2009 328i. I bought the car used and it has had some oddball electrical gremlins since I purchased it.

1. The car will randomly lose the clock and other information overnight.
2. The car will die if you slam on the brakes (Not sure if this is related)

Sunday, Jan 13, 2013 I drove the car to church and after 2 hours came out, no start. No power. No nothing.

I got my wife to come get me and tried to jump start it, still nothing. I came home and started to read this forum. A variety of "cures" were suggested, battery, IBT, Fuses and last the cable connection to the fuse box.

I had already tried jump starting it. I checked the battery, good charge and it looked like the factory battery. No corrosion on the terminals, no disconnected cable from a crash.

I then - and happily I had some VERY LONG needle nose pliers, (The fuse box requires a deft touch) started to check all of the fuses that pertained to start/stop. No dice.

I reached behind the fuse box and jiggled the large cable. Power came on and I was able to drive it home.

I have it scheduled to go the dealer Jan 23, 2013 and I am going to take the TSB with me.

I would have never had a clue if I had not surfed this forum. Thanks!!

Last edited by Scubadiver; 01-15-2013 at 12:06 AM..
Appreciate 0