07-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #55
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisme View Post
Yes, Viv, the car certainly has very "big ears".

I've just read through the 70 page spec sheet and note the 330D is just 0.01 sec off the 335D to 62mph

But, no mention of the sports models and I see the 330 annd 335 have 225/45 R17 tyres on all rims .

I hope the MSport models come with 18" RIMS, but they are not announced .

I want to order my 330D MSport....hope not too long to wait.
I think its normal (or it used to be) for all 3er MSport models to come with only 17" rims from the factory (e.g. check out belgian bmw.be and build a 335d) - its only BMW GB who faff about with the factory spec, decide what we can (and sometimes irritatingly can't) have and make the 18" rims standard for UK spec on the higher models (they're not doing us a favour though, the base price is hiked accordingly, or more to the point usually disproportionately).

I hope there is a new MV4 18" wheel style with the facelift - not a massive fan of the current 18" MV3s. It think it would look good on a new 5 spoke M design, though from a style point of view this seems unlikely (most M wheels are multispoke).

Note that the fact that the 17" style on the only available MSport facelift photos looks the same as now may not mean much as its a development car.
Appreciate 0