10-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #7
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
I see from RealOEM that it looks like it follows the normal path, from tower to bulkhead, then back to the other tower. Is it a direct bolt-on replacement to the insubstantial 335i braces and does it fit in the current routing/channels?? If so, it will probably be worth doing as in the diagram it seems so much more substantial.

Incidentally, the post above in which you mention use of the M3 front wishbones, you are just talking about replacing the wishbone linkages, am I right?? Are they much firmer than the standard bushing on the 335i (I haven't had a good look at the suspension setup of our cars yet) ??

I measured up the bar side by side at the dealer today it a direct bolt one so I went ahead and order it. Mr 5 said someone had done this already so it confirmed it will fit but I take photo once it is installed. From enginerring point of view this brace will stiffen the tower alot with very little material.

The wishbone on the 335i uses a hydraulic isolator…..this means slop city. The rear sub frame isolators are hydraulic as well. The wishbones on e92 M3 bolts on to 335i and the bushing are much stiffer. There is absolutely nothing different about the front suspension geometry between the two cars. Dinan has a bushing kit that has these parts and I was able to see the part number on the control arm today and they do match. The whole Dinan bushing kits are from a BMW e92 M3 and that is why I listed them. BTW, I have the wishbone on my car already and 4 other parts as well and doing the rear isolators next week.

The only other real bad part on the car is the shock rubber top mounts which deflect up to 20 mm under load. I did some testing in the lab and they are horror show (super soft so you loss negative camber close to the limit) and will absolutely induce under steer with anything other than the stock springs.

Orb
Appreciate 0