View Single Post
      04-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #11
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Just arrived this week, saw one today, snapped some pics I will post tonight. I also took it out to my E91, but since i have Nav and iDrive there was limited checking I could do.

Notes:

1) Display drops into ashtray BEAUTIFULLY. Routing cable is gonna be a little work, and there needs to be a fitted wedge to mount the display, but for non-smokers, there is no question - the ashtray is where this goes. Looks great.

2) The display is 10-color selectable AND reversable. I did not fire this up (yet) but I have a hard time thinking that it wouldn't match BMW amber.

3) The controller looks pretty good - need to play with a non-i car to see where exactly it goes. Great feel to the motion and clicking. The brain is kinda big, probably fit behind glovebox or if not, behind knee bolster.

4) The Bluetooth and HD Radio optional modules also arrived. If you got all three, mounting would be a PITA. Gonna need to play around with mounting.

5) SMS will come thru on display with supported phones.

6) No iPod cable in box - separate purchase.

Gonna do an install in an E90 next week with BT, HD Radio, iPod, and , should have DIY instructions done and kits with mounting parts available in 2 weeks, anyone interested in an install in PDX, drop me a line.
Appreciate 0