First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335i E90 M-Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman81 View Post
BTW, summer tires and this weather don't mix well. Didn't have an accident or anything but t was hell driving from norfolk to va beach last night. Now, I know it's obvious that summer tires wouldn't do well in the snow, and I've toyed with the idea of another set of rims with winter or all seasons, but then I think I'll just change the current tires out to all seasons when it's time. Any suggestions, are the all seasons out there decent in the snow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzammil15 View Post
Tell me about it, going from my store to my house took me almost 25mins to get home. Making a U turn was the worst. Car started to slide and was going straight for the curb, me screaming HELLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOO THE BUMPER IS NEW!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by giaolong View Post
Lol it took me 45 mins to get home when usually is 15 mins

Good thing is I'm awd so it isn't that bad, just the summer tires isn't very gripping when braking
And I actually enjoy doing 4 wheels burn out haha

As for the summer tires and all season tires, BMW 335 with red shouldn't be out in this weather really....
I took my summers off last week and remounted my OEM Potenza RFT's (not much better, I know) but summer tires are a non starter on snow and ice. I felt like my summers (Hankook Ventus') were running just a hard as the runflats, so why take the chance. Fortunately I was off work, Thursday and Friday, so I stayed parked in the garage. And I agree with David, unless it's absolutely necessary, I'm staying off the roads in this weather.