01-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #7
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacked21 View Post
It's not a matter of agreeing that it is the stiffest BMW ever...it's a fact.
http://www.insideline.com/bmw/m/1999...-roadster.html
I've decided that I'll fly anywhere in the country where I find the one I want, and just drive the sucker home...I have to have it!

-j21
i'm certainly not looking to argue...all i know is that your information was published back in 1999 (the first year of M Coupe production), and many newer models have rolled off the BMW production line since then. so if that article proves anything, its that the Z3 M Coupe was the most rigid BMW up to that point in time...but its been 11 years since then.

at any rate, i encourage you to get one, seeing as how you seem to be very passionate about wanting one. just be aware of the sub-frame issue - you WILL eventually have to address it if you get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel b View Post
The Z3 coupe 3.0 liter is a very good alternative IMO. Fast, reliable, and much cheaper to maintain. My dad owns one, just a blast to drive. (he has the M bumpers and mirrors making it look really nice)
it lacks an LSD though, and its suspension parts and geometry are not as beefy as the ///M's.

btw, how much of a PITA was it to retrofit the ///M bumpers to a non-M car? that must have been a nightmare considering the Z3M's are wider than the non-M Z3's.

Last edited by 94JZA80; 01-26-2010 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0