Thread: Z3M Coupe
View Single Post
      01-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #14
Jacked21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 335i 6MT

Ohh yah thats right...missed the 1999 part ...and yes i am very passionate about it. I sat in my first one when i was 16 (10 years ago) at the javitz center auto show in NY, and loved it ever since. Thanks for the heads up on the sub-frame issues they have. I am doing more and more research every day and will be as knowledgeable as i can be about them before i buy one...

-J21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94JZA80 View Post
i'm certainly not looking to argue...all i know is that your information was published back in 1999 (the first year of M Coupe production), and many newer models have rolled off the BMW production line since then. so if that article proves anything, its that the Z3 M Coupe was the most rigid BMW up to that point in time...but its been 11 years since then.

at any rate, i encourage you to get one, seeing as how you seem to be very passionate about wanting one. just be aware of the sub-frame issue - you WILL eventually have to address it if you get one.

it lacks an LSD though, and its suspension parts and geometry are not as beefy as the ///M's.

btw, how much of a PITA was it to retrofit the ///M bumpers to a non-M car? that must have been a nightmare considering the Z3M's are wider than the non-M Z3's.