09-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #80
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack M. View Post
Wow, those are cheap! I checked car-part earlier, but they didn't seem to have anything for the 335 at that time. I must not have been using it correctly.

So please help me here as I am going to have to learn a lot quickly. From what I have gathered, the large vehicles like the X3 and X5 do not share the same t-cases with your cars, but the 325, 328, 330, 335, 525 and 530 do? What about auto and manual vehicles? Are they all the same? If so, that definitely makes finding one easy.

They look to be so cheap that I would be willing to buy several for different vehicles to verify if that's what it takes. Just for kicks, I may buy the X5 t-case and one other t-case from your link above to see what's really going on.

Thanks again!

Jack
I know the auto and manual have the same tc. I am unsure if the 325, 328, 330 and 335 share the same transfer case.

There is a large torque difference the 325 and 335 so I'm going to go on a safe assumption and say the tc is not the same. But I could be wrong since they do share the same transmission despite the hp/tq difference.

Maybe someone will verify soon. To be honest, these tc have been pretty reliable but to know that we have a solid tc with minimal weak points would put our minds at peace.
Appreciate 0