View Single Post
      07-27-2013, 02:19 AM   #18
dmillerj
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 Four Runner

If anyone is aware of an off the shelf product that will pay for repainting or replacing interior if stained or damaged please let me know. Until then I think about $80 per year for 7 years of warranty is a damned good deal. I recently had an experience with a Perma Plate claim and the repair represented more than I paid for the coverage. What is so difficult to understand about this.
Be aware that most of these programs do not include actually repairing anything but their limit of liability is simply to have the damaged area professionally detailed which will do nothing for a blood stained interior or etched paint. Now if you actually believe there's a product that will protect your paint for 7 years after one application then by all means buy it. Some DEALERS require a customer to return for a reapplication of the product which is also bogus. They just want to get the customer back to the dealership to sell them service/maintenance Use some common sense. People who make a living detailing cars will never advise you to purchase anything like Perma Plate. They're arguement against such products are simply the products will not protect your paint or interior for years after one application and they would be correct. I doubt any of them will guarantee to repaint your hood if it's damaged by bird droppings, tree sap, among many other materials that can damage paint and/or interior.
Appreciate 0