View Single Post
      08-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #15
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPogle View Post
Everything in finance is a paper exercise, really. I think the point is that they will have to follow English banking rules rather than Scottish rules and those rules are unlikely to favour a foreign country.

I am Scottish but won't get a vote. This is probably a good thing because I don't have a strong opinion or a vested interest but I am a bit concerned by the naiveity of comments coming from both sides. It's almost as if people believe that this is the one topic which politicians aren't lying about.
I'd agree about the politicians. Which is why i say get on google and read as much as you can. Don't take anything from the MSM. And be aware of what sources you are reading from. i.e. their agenda. And weigh up what you are reading. It's not easy. I've been doing this for over a year and there are still things i learn on a weekly basis. I feel for those in 79 as they didn't have the access to information we have now. Without it...i don't think i would be anywhere near Yes.

As for banking. The operations in Scotland would be governed by Scottish banking regs. Just as they are in whatever country those banks operate in throughout the world.

There is uncertainty. It won't be milk and honey. But i think Better Together would have won this easily if they'd gone with saying why we should stay in the union rather than trying to say we couldn't go it alone. If you know us Scots, telling us we're not capable is not a winning tactic
Appreciate 0