View Single Post
      12-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPlease View Post
Great review! I've been procrastinating on coilovers for nearly a year now and I've been of a similar mindset: I simply can't justify going KW considering all of the horror stories I've heard. I was considering Bilstein but now AST is on my radar. Thanks!
GreenPlease, thanks for the kind words. It sounds like we are in the same boat. LOL! If you needs are similar to min, then give the AST a try. They are absolutely a superb performing system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald-335i View Post
nice review!

can't wait to purchase my coilover system once on done with the meth!
Any idea which coilover setup you are going to choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Superb review and DIY, great product. Spring thrust sheets and flat spring tops and bottoms are the way to go. My only minor concern would be weight; I think the Swift springs are lighter, as are some dampers.

Thanks for posting all this; excellent photos.

What spring rates are you using?
stressdoc, thanks for the compliments! I totally about the flat springs with thrust sheets. I know the Swift springs were a little lighter, but I chose Hyperco simply because they have such a good, long standing reputation in racing.

The spring rates and length were selected by STETT but I can check if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Wondering why you didn't go with the swift springs! not much difference in price....
Again, I chose the Hyperco because of their long standing reputation. If you wanted Swift, it is a simple change that can be made when purchasing the coilovers.
Appreciate 0