View Single Post
      05-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #66
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
If your goal is to own/drive/experience as many nice cars as possible in 1 lifetime, then I'd say you're entirely on track. As you say, an M6 is hardly a downgrade; just somewhat less exotic....which is exactly what you want.

To make up, I'd plan a trip on some of Europe's finest roads....and enjoy the M6 to the max.
It was never an intentional 'goal' thats for sure....but it does seem to be what I'm doing. Not many more to go now

I've never been one to keep my cars - even back in my Saxo days I changed every year. It even started before that - as a child, I always wanted the newest toy car and, as I didn't always get it , I guess that 'conditioned' me. It's got worse as the cars I've had have got better and whilst I'm not entirely sure why, I think it's as cars I have come closer to 'perfection', I become increasingly intolerant of imperfection. I need there to be car that characterises all the best bits of all the cars I've had (then again, maybe not....it'd probably bore me even quicker!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Just reading about the M6 Gran Coupe - very nice looking car....

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/...13-CAR-review/

Fast too, 0-62 in 4.2. But a bit lardy at 1950kg.
The Gran Coupe is a proper heavyweight....the two door is like a lean athlete in comparison. Yep, it's a huge 5kg less at 1945kg

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Will you be picking it up from Oxford? Not far from me if you fancy taking me for a spin

I have to admit I am a little worried about buying the Merc, although its spec'd with everything I would want its not a Porsche 911. To most people this car would be fantastic but to me it's the cheaper car that I needed to allow me to concentrate on my mortgage and my little boy.. Don't get me wrong, l am looking forward to getting the car just hope I am not board after 6 months Lets have a bet on who will change first
Much as I'm worried about the M6 as it's no SLS

Sorry Scott, it would've been good to meet but I didn't see this until now....definitely another time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
I have truly seen the light - hallelujah........
As I'm sure I will do one day! Well, I have to don't I....theres not many cars left that'll be truly 'new' to me!

Just not yet....I have a bit of wind left in me before I totally give up however I have to say, I was feeling mighty fed up at the prospect of selling the SLS. The question is....did I actually go ahead with the deal or pull out??

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
I am bored with it Scott, mainly due to the fact that I don't use it and it's costing me £400+ / month for the pleasure of sitting on the drive!
You're a bit back to front Peter! Absence normally makes the heart grow fonder and all that?? I get bored when I over-use something.

Last edited by Palmnuts; 05-18-2013 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 0