View Single Post
      11-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #1129
llryem
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebo View Post
This is my first post, but I have been searching the forum for some time now and it has been a wealth of information. This thread in particular has been of great interest to me as my car definitely has that loud ticking noise on cold starts after short trips around the neighborhood. With all the information on this thread, I thought I would have some success with my dealership (a large dealership here in AZ). Well, I was mistaken.

Brought it in the other day and explained in detail what the issue was and that I knew of the SIB that was out there. The service consultant said that they would check it out. They called me the next day and said that they ran it through a bunch of tests and could not duplicate the problem and therefore could not diagnose it. I brought up the SIB and even printed it out and brought it to them and they said there was nothing they could do, but if it happens again, to definitely give them a call and bring it in. I explained to them that it will happen again and by the time I get it to their service department, the sound will go away because it goes away after driving it for a while. I even asked if I should record it on video and bring in the video with me. I obviously was not getting anywhere with him, so I decided to take the car and leave.

I know the sound will come back. I will call them back and will bring the car back. Hopefully, they don't give me the same excuse next time. Do I just need to be persistent? Should I elevate to BMWNA?
I took mine in this morning and sat in the parking lot for an hour so it would get cold again... it worked!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0