View Single Post
      09-12-2012, 04:13 AM   #16
dL_EVO
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 EVO IX, 2011 BMW 335D

I installed my DTUK box today and I set it to Map 3 / +20%. This box has pretty much met my expectations. I would love a complete reflash that would change ignition, fuel, and boost. However, without the ability for us to reflash using the OBDII port prevented me from going this route. Potentially getting an ECU update from BMW and wiping out my tune and then having to remove my ECU to send back to the tuner doesn't sound very appealing. I come from the EVO scene where ECU flashing can be done through the OBDII port with free open source software. So, I want the most practical flexibility for all my vehicles now.

The DTUK provides impressive results for a piggyback. Boost feels like it comes on earlier in the powerband and the car doesn't feel like it falls flat after 3.5K. Gas mileage doesn't feel like it's effected, but i'm going to run this map for an entire tank before the verdict comes out on that.

I need more power, there has got to be something else we can do to these cars?!?! I've read that there are no exhaust options because of the UREA system?

Does anyone have a diagram of the exhaust system? Would our cars benefit from a muffler-less setup? I think the car needs a little more grunt (sound & power).
Appreciate 0