View Single Post
      12-03-2015, 12:00 AM   #96
only1harry
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i xDrive

Wow that sucks. Thanks for the update.
I got my Bilsteins installed at Rogue Engineering in North Jersey a couple of weeks ago, and they were telling me to go with TC Klein shocks or coilovers because they will send me a new one if there is failure. It doesn't look like that's the case. Or maybe they will send out new/rebuild replacement shocks to someone they do a lot of business with, but not someone who just bought a couple of shocks 1 time?

I guess they are one more vendor to scratch off my list.

Good luck with your efforts to get the shock replaced. I hope TC Klein makes good on it, but a whole year with no response? Scary. I will never do business with a company that does not answer the phone.

I am pretty sure TC Klein had TrueChoice shorten the Konis for them. Truechoice is the only authorized vendor to customize Koni shocks. Just call TrueChoice and get your new shortened Konis from them. I am sure they can also convert the rear shocks to be adjusted from the top. If it were me, I 'd buy the Yellows myself and send them to Koni. I trust Koni more than TrueChoice.

BTW, has anyone used Koni Yellows with the stock XI springs? I don't want to lower my e92 and lose suspension/shock travel. Lack of travel is what breaks most shocks. Even if the Konis Yellows were shortened, they are not really designed for that application. Get shocks that were specifically designed for lowering springs and less travel (they have more internal travel by design). The best way to get more shock travel for lowered cars is to install longer/taller upper shock mounts.. ie: raise the mounting point at the top.
Ground Control makes upper & rear shock mounts for Hondas that provide an extra inch of travel, and I think they used to make them for the e36 or e46 too. Not sure about e90/92. Did anyone check the Ground Control web site? They make coilovers for BMW's and other suspension components. Their parts are top notch, although they tend to use polyurethane in their bushings a lot, but I had no problems using them in my Integra, and their top shock mounts were awesome and the best thing I did for my Koni Yellows. Not sure what they have for e90/92 though. I have not used them in 7 or 8 years. I 'll check out their web site tomorrow.

Harry