01-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #36
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i E90 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneliezer View Post
I hope you don't mind if I try to answer your question. As far as the car is concerned there is no difference between aftermarket or OEM ballasts/headlights. Coding for Xenon will work for your car as outlined in his procedure. Please note that being a 2006, you might find the process a bit problematic, 2006/2007 tend to be a bit finicky.

That cable is not the recommended cable, so no guarantees it would work, but you could try.
Absolutely right... these coding techniques are the same for OEM or aftermarket conversion. The wiring will be slightly different, but the coding is the same.

That cable looks just like my cable that worked for my 2006, but that doesn't mean they'd work the same. I'd either get the recommended cable or look for one on this forum from a seller who got it to work on their 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
It will not be a problem if you use the oem xenon lights and do the coding for the car.

Note that you need to do some modification to the wiring in teh headlight. There is a DIY on this when using the search feature (xenon conversion)
DESI is right... coding and wiring must be done properly for the conversion to work. Wiring makes it function, and coding makes it function properly and error-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90PAT View Post
I know with LCI lamps when you flash its just the xenons but with pre lci its just the high beams. How do i set it up so i can flash in my pre lci using only xenon? i know its PwN_FL_BEI_BIXENON but do you know what value is it so that it flashes only xenons?
When I coded for xenon with $522 to the VO, I got values wert_02 wert_03, and both of those needed to be changed to wert_01. What's wild is when I turn my high beams on, I get my inner high beam halogen bulbs and my bixenon coming on at the same time. I changed the halogen high-beam bulbs to be xenon-matching, and it looks good.
Appreciate 0