View Single Post
      02-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

Well the letter I keep getting in the mail read
"Due to more of our members being overweight....bla bla bla....+$10 a pay stub ($20/month)"
Last year I was able to reduce my bill a little by going in for an official weigh in and physical test / blood work and submitted a one year log of me attending Yoga class for two hours per week. And though I really do need to drop another 10lbs to 15’bs around my mid section I was in the top 10% of healthy members? I was just shocked! So I asked the woman doing my audit what was going on and she stated that of the men in the 30-40 group a good 50%+ were on Lipator due to cholesterol issues…women in the group in the same age bracket were also borderline diabetic at the same rates. And well we all know these drugs and the treatments are not cheap and well…we got to pay.

At my facility we are encouraging people to go for walks every other day and if they submit to a physical test every quarter they get a half day with paid time off. And one of the girls I know is running the study and she tells me that the numbers are just downright scary. Her office is on the third floor and when people show up to her desk they need to sit and catch their breath for 15 min before she can take their pulse.

So maybe…it’s not good to encourage such an unhealthy life style? It may save us money in the long run?
Appreciate 0