View Single Post
      02-18-2014, 01:15 AM   #6
Sidewinderpb
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus8291 View Post
I'm trying to get mine in too and have been thinking about doing it myself vs having a shop do it. Problem is that most shops won't touch it, at least not in the US because there's a huge fine for messing with the emission system (i.e. taking out the cat) so finding a shop to do it is tricky. Not sure if it's the same in Canada though. A buddy of mine got his done at a shop and was charged $160 but he's got an N54 non Xdrive and those are a bit easier as far as I know. I'm gonna call up the same guy and ask him what he'll charge me and if he'll do it.
If you're referring to my area, I'm from Connecticut - not Canada . Just tell them that you still have secondary cats; provided you have xDrive. I've never had an issue with tuning shops regarding cats. I would understand if run-of-the-mill exhaust and service shops wouldn't touch it though.
The xDrive models are more difficult to swap the dp on. But, xDrive or not, $160 is an amazing price! You should definitely shoot that guy a call and get a quote!

Edit: just realized OP is from Canada. Whoops!
Appreciate 0