View Single Post
      04-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #7302
buylongterm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335XI M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHR View Post
The very next and best bang for the buck mod is a new FMIC to take you to Stage 1+. It's more power than Stage 2 and keeps your inlet temps nice and cool. Better for the engine too. I have a Helix. Good luck!

Thank you. Everything I've read so far about the Helix is extremely positive. Gonna buy one ASAP. Will installing a FMIC void my warranty? not only do I have a CPO car, but they also through in a 5 year 100K full BMW warranty for free. and its nice to know I will have brakes, rotors, services etc covered.

I received my Cobb AP yesterday and flashed my car with the stage 1+ aggressive map. No issues, no error codes.

All I have to say is WOW! So far it has exceeded every expectation I had. The gains are VERY noticable. The car is a beast and I really like the aggressive map. And trust me, I dont get impressed easily. I driven or been in some of the fastest cars or boats there are. My brother owned a ruf twin turbo and recently sold his Heffner lambo gallardo that dyno'd at 1135HP. (That car was disturbing)

If anyone is on the fence deciding if they should spend the money on the Cobb AP I'd say absolutely positively YES. I was so close to going with Dinan again, but I'm SO glad I didn't. It's been a long time since I owned my 2002 M3 that I Dinan badged. I know this is gonna sound crazy, But this car seems faster and I didn't have to spend close to 10K on parts!

The only draw back is I keep looking at my speedometer and saying "damn it! I'm doing over 100 again?" The car just wants to keep going. This simple little mod is going to get me in serious trouble. Can't wait for stage 2. :-)

Gonna install the intake today for the hell of it. (Though something tells me i should return it and put the money towards a fmic. )

Thanks everyone for all your insite and knowledge. It's paid off immensely

Christian

Last edited by buylongterm; 04-13-2013 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 0