bpbenda
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Need New Compressor ... Thoughts?

So, my automatic 2006 325i just suddenly starting blowing warm air when attempting to run the air conditioner. I had a problem similar to this five years ago when I bought the car brand new. At that time it was a compression valve, which got replaced under warranty. I was worried maybe it had gone bad again.

Took the car into a place called EuroFix here locally in Nashville. They popped the hood and found that the front cap had been snapped off the compressor. See the photo below for the piece that broke. They are saying that the whole compressor has to be replaced now, which I believe.

They want to charge me $1,326.70 + $39.98 in shop supplies + tax (comes to around $1,500) to replace the compressor and re-charge the system. They will only use new OEM parts, which in this case is a Denso Compressor with Clutch, part number 471-1532. They will honor the work with a three-year warranty.

My questions ... What are the best websites to buy OEM parts so that I can compare what it will cost me to buy the compressor and take it to them to install, verse them buy through their channels and put a three-year warranty on the part plus the work? Also, does anyone know if $1,500 sounds reasonable as an all-in cost to repair a compressor?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0