View Single Post
      09-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #69
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Hi there! Timing are a bit low, what kind of gas you have access to ? I see you are from Australia, are you using 91 RON ? Even 95 RON is a bit low, you should check to see if you can get some 98 RON which is equivalent to our 93/94 octane (AKI) rating here in the US/Canada. With that kind of boost that's what you need for best results. You should be able to get a timing advance curve in the area of 8 to 10 degree with better octane. Don't increase boost just yet until you get that timing curve higher, there is no power to gain from more boost with those timings.

Your boost curve is a bit wavy, it could be from different factors like traction, dsc intervention but it could also be your boost PID that needs some attention. Add the "Boost Control Set Point" to your logged channels, and increase the "Boost Control Gain" value to 50. Take a new 3rd gear log, I would like to check the boost curve you get in relation to Boost Control Set Point.

Sloppy, the IAT drop is very minimal (stock FMIC / no meth), the scaling make it looks like it drops more than it does actually, only the flow of a lot more air suddenly.
Appreciate 0