Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i 6MT, 2016 F10 535

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Streak View Post
It doesn't matter where you bought it or if its CPO. If its within the 7 years and 82,000 miles then you can take it to a dealership for new turbos if the wastegates rattle... Under warranty. I got mine replaced for free after the warranty had expired. The car was at about 76k miles. I spent a weekend putting the stock downpipes and I take back on and it was a breeze after that. Now I have to put my pipes back on... Which takes a tole on the body (my back).
Yep I'm aware of the 8yr/82k warranty. Did your car throw any codes for the dealer to replace them or did they replaced it from just hearing the rattle? Because right now my rattle is very apparent but the service manager keeps telling me BMW will not give them the nod to replace them unless it is throwing codes or the turbos completely fail on me, they say they will not replace it based on just sound alone. I have a feeling this service manager is just trying to ram me from behind
Sorry for the delay in responding, sleepy. I was actually told the same thing at the first local dealership I went to. They said it would need to be showing a related fault code in addition to the wastegate rattle in order for them to replace the turbos under warranty. I went to a different dealer and they said they would just perform an inspection of the turbos and wastegates and a "drill bit" test. The tests were in accordance with BMW NA procedures and they replaced the turbos free of charge. I recommend getting a second or third opinion from different dealerships.
2007 E90 335i 6MT, ZSP, Nav, PDC, CA, Montego Blue, Terra Dakota leather, CDV, clutch-stop, E46 M Shift Knob, Logic HVI, JB4 PnP, MS 3" downpipes, Koni Yellow adjustable sport shocks, RE 12mm(f)/BMS 15mm(r) spacers, Blacklines, LUX 5.0 LED halo ring lights, DAEOS (Vista) harness, GP Thunder 7500k fogs, 35% sides-20% rear tint, matt black kidney grill, matt black 335i trunk badge
Appreciate 0