01-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Exclamation Mobil1 Turbo Diesel 5w40 Works Great in Our Engines!

I know that the best place for this thread is in the maintenance section but I figured that this is a great place to show how well the Mobil1 5w40 oil did with all of the modifications on my car and all of what I put my car through.
I know that there are a bunch of you guys that will be very interested in this since you care about the reliability of the engine.

Here's the thing, I just passed the 65,000 mile marker and I'm curious with how good or bad my engine is. I've been running the BMW Castrol 5w30 for a long time but I started doing some research with other oils.
The Mobil1 turbo diesel 5w40 oil caught my eye because the wear properties are much higher in this oil when compared to the other oils so I was curious if it would work well with our engines.

I ran this oil for 5000 miles, which included four 20 minute sessions at Laguna Seca, approximately sixteen 1/4 mile runs at Famoso Raceway, a few 60-130 runs, and a lot of fun driving.
So, it looks like this oil did the job.

EDIT

I noticed that the universal averages used in the initial report are from a different engine so I emailed them to let them know. They sent me another report with the universal averages from the N54 engine to compare.
It still looks great; even better than the other report!

The second attachment is the updated report.
Attached Images

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0