02-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Fat Goose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F83 ZCP 6MT | F/A-18E

Question Mixing Non RFT with RFTs, Extreme Tread Wear

Hey all,
I purchased my CPO 09 E93 in October and the CPO inspection reported 3mm on the rear tires at 16,600 miles.
After visiting the dealership this weekend, I was told my rear tires need to be changed immediately at 20,857 miles. Yes the tread is low, but I need to change them so soon??

Currently I have Bridgestone Potenza RFT, F: 225/35-19, R: 255/30-19 (New and mounted at 11,250 miles)

After doing some research and the complaints about the RFT tires, I was looking at the Michelin Pilot Super Sport (non-RFT). I wanted to change all four at once, but the tread on the front tires is still in great condition and I don't want to throw away $500.

Would it be advisable to just change out the rear tires with the super sports? or should I change em all, at the cost of good tires?

Also, could I report any type of claim to BMW NA about the extreme tread wear in such short time/mileage?

Lastly, where do you all recommend getting the tires mounted, balanced and aligned? I am definitely going through Tire Rack to save.... would it be frowned upon to bring tires to the dealership??

Thanks all

Last edited by Fat Goose; 02-24-2013 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 0