View Single Post
      06-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #26
MWTPDE
Rep
Drives: e92 335i-Monaco/Saddle/Alum

I wouldn't recommend Artworx. Had some issues with bubbles in the film caused by debris (lint from installer sweatshirt) caught underneath, plus abrasion marks on the film caused by poor installation technique. Shop cleanliness is important when installing film, Artworx is definitely not the place to go if you want a 100% perfect install. Look for a clean shop, clean floor, a clean layout table for the film (with no sawdust on it!), and ask to see some other examples of their work. I will probably have the hood piece redone by another shop. I have a coworker getting Ventureshield installed on his 997 Carrera S tomorrow morning at Metropolitan Detail. Both of us checked out this shop and examples of their work and left impressed. I think the Ventureshield product is better than the XPEL. We looked at a car at their shop with the Ventureshield installed and couldn't see the film..granted it was a full hood install, but I am extremely picky! The Ventureshield has noticeably less orange peel than 3m or XPEL film. If I had to do it again, I would go Ventureshield. Metropolitan is more $$$ but sometimes you get what you pay for!
Appreciate 0