Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumer View Post
Thanks for the input. I keep forgetting about not pushing too hard too soon. So, your post is another reminder.

On Monday I increased my mileage by about 0.5 mile. In addition, instead of normal walk / run intervals, I felt like I could do faster than usual runs. So, I did it... Like that was not enough, for my "cool down" I decided to sprint up the hill, so I sprinted like I meant it... I realized that it was stupid right after my uphill sprint, because my knees started to hurt, very blunt uncomfortable pain... And it's different kind of pain from what I had before. It hurts on the inside.

Two days later that paid did not go away... I still have it... Will try to do good warm up, and see if I can run. Although I doubt it. So, I will most likely will just do like an hour walk. Man I feel stupid...
No problem. Ibuprofen is always good to take for general aches and pains, since it is an anti-inlflammatory medication. If I find that I pushed myself a little too hard in a workout and have some aches, I take a couple of those and usually they help.

If you're cooldown was the uphill sprint and then you just stopped and were done, then that isn't exactly good. You need to slowly bring your heartrate from high to low by slowing down, then jogging, then walking. Once you're heartrate is at a reasonable level (depending on your level of fitness) you should do a nice stretch and focus on breathing properly. Sure, it takes a little time and adds that to the time you already spent in the workout, but it really is invaluable and can seriously help prevent injuries and soreness.