View Single Post
      10-26-2013, 04:07 AM   #4
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

I come to this thread owning an iPad, a Nexus 7, a 3DS XL (just sold my 3DS) a Vita, and the mind of an eleven year old.

Here's my view.... iPads are pointless, overpriced shit compared to the Nexus. They are so limited and so expensive, so chuck that thought down the shitter.

Next, the Nexus 7. I use mine most days - it's extremely versatile. There ARE games available which kids up to about 6-8 (bit of a guess) might enjoy, but make no mistake, they are all simplistic cut the rope type shite.

The 3DS is actually quite large and uncomfortable for me to hold Rog, but the 2DS is a VERY good budget option. You mentioned price, so I thought I'd let you know that from next week Argos are doing a 2DS+ 2 games for £99 which might be worth a look.

As for the games, I think this might be a BIT lost on your 6 year old just now, but you do get what you pay for. The DS line up is VASTLY superior to any of the simplistic shite on a Necus, but will she really care? Only you can say.

If she were 12, I'd immediately say 2DS. Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Pokemon, Nintendogs, Mario, Zelda, Luigi's Mansion etc and that's without even considering the excellent multiplayer capability.

As she is 6.... Maybe buy her a Nexus and in a year or 2 when she wants Mario or whatever, buy the 2DS then for £60 and retire the Nexus to the coffee table for family use.

Oh and one last thing... Nintendo games do NOT devalue in the current gen market. Mario Kart 7 was £30 new 3 years ago and still is now... Used copies are £25, so don't worry about that too much as it's a safe investment.

Matt
Appreciate 0