05-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #10
bplant13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 340i Sport w. MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydicule View Post
I actually just installed them yesterday. I can say the fit was perfect, and the bedded easily.

So far, my initial thoughts around what I was going for and what I ended up with are this:

My car is a daily driver, not exactly a track star. My primary concerns are longevity, noise level (rather, absent thereof), dusting, and maintaining OEM stopping power. With these in mind, I chose the Z rotors and Hawk HPS pads for the front, as these seemed to be the best compromise from the hours and hours of research I did.

After an easy intsall and perfect fit, my initial reaction is that the brakes are silent and have almost zero dust. I can't speak to longevity, as I just installed the pads, however, I can say that while the Hawks lose nothing to the OEM in overall stopping power, they do slightly lose some of that particular "biting" feel (the immediate firmness of the braking) that OEM pads had in favor of a more smooth transition into deceleration.
Awesome to hear! I went with the R1 Concepts' Premium Rotors, slotted and drilled (mainly for looks), and I'll have a good review on them soon after the install. I also ordered the Hawk HPS pads (also after hours of research), so I'm glad to hear they live up to the low noise and low dust! I have a new set of Morr VS8.2 wheels coming in next week and don't want to spend every day cleaning them, although I might just to have the chance to admire them up close
Appreciate 0