07-26-2012, 05:48 AM   #82
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Yeah but part of it became Yuma (one of the hottest cities in the country funny enough) vs. Houston. So I had to bring out my spill on real dry vs. Houston, lol.

You're right though. And I presented the data. The fact is that Dallas avgs about 10% difference in humidity throughout the summer than Houston. And avgs about 5 degrees more. Yet I'm a kid and un-educated just for saying so. And Austin has almost the same humidity with higher avgs. Yet for some reason, everyone thinks Houston is a hell on Earth compared to those two cities. For some reason they think Dallas is this dry place compared to Houston. I grew up there and I remember humidity and high as hell temps. So that is just false. I NEVER said Dallas has higher humidity like someone said. I'm just saying that OVERALL, the summer in Dallas is worse. The temps are usually higher and it is humid. But if humidity is the be all-end all in your mind....then I guess the avg 10% difference makes Houston the hell on earth compared to Dallas in your minds. I'm being told I'm wrong yet I posted the facts and you can look them up elsewhere I'm sure. Even though I haven't LIVED in Houston, I've spent days there in the middle of the summer and experienced the humidity/heat. I was there last summer right in the middle of one of the worst it's ever seen. I didn't think it was any worse than Dallas. And I lived in Biloxi for a summer. That place is more humid avging a couple degrees less in the summer than Houston. So with your thinking, that place is worse than Houston. And that place didn't bother me as much as Dallas did overall.

This argument is actually pretty stupid. Dallas, Houston and Austin are actually VERY close in overall heat in the summer. I just get irritated when people always knee jerk when Houston is mentioned like it's SOOO much hotter there just because it's a little more humid.

But I know I will be told I'm just wrong and that's it. So I don't know what else to say. I know these are long, boring posts but....