View Single Post
      11-18-2017, 04:23 AM   #2
texasjohn
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi,

Reading between the lines, it sounds like you or someone close to you has had a car stolen in the past by a thief posing as a buyer. My sympathies if that is the case.

I think you'll find a lot of people won't be prepared to buy unless they have a chance to drive the car themselves, but I appreciate that you are trying to weed out the timewasters. If I may make a suggestion, perhaps clarify that point by saying that a deposit needs to be placed before an accompanied test drive and that the buyer needs to have proof of fully comprehensive insurance before driving. I've always insisted on the latter. Otherwise I think you're going to have to offer a refund in the event of an unsatisfactory test drive; as written, your advert seems to infer that no test drive is possible before paying for the car in full. Maybe that's not what you meant.

I understand your point about not entertaining 'groups'. I've had that a couple of times in the past and think I will say something similar in any future adverts I create. It's tough trying to keep an eye on more than one person let alone more than two. For what it's worth, people on here with a reasonable post count or length of membership are more than likely genuine, so I hope it sells through e90post.

Good luck with the sale, looks like a lovely car.

Previous: F31 340i, E90 335i SE, E87 130i, F10 550i, E92 335i, E61 550i, E90 335iM, E87 130i, E87 118d, Z4M, Z4 3.0i SMG, E46 330D, Z3M, Z3 3.0i, Z3 3.0i (USDM)

Last edited by texasjohn; 11-18-2017 at 04:32 AM..
Appreciate 0