09-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #195
mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe TIAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg E90 View Post
Im not mad or anything but u really don't get how people can say "paint a CF hood" the whole reason people get CF things is to see the CF, not the weight savings because they're minimal and this isn't a track car so it doesn't matter, if I wanted a tiag hood i would put my OEM one back on not paint over CF, I WILL NEVER UNDER STAND WHY PEOPLE PAINT OVER CF SPECIALLY SINCE THEY DONT TRACK, IF ITS NOT FOR WEIGHT OR LOOKS THEN WHAT IS IT FOR!!!!???? Haha, aside from that I love my amp and sub, the box is constantly moving so the wiring gets moved a little but idc, and it sounds great..... at least on the inside

leaving the CF finish alone on your hood really depends on the color scheme of your car. In my opinion having a CF hood, while your roof and trunk are not CF, make your car look awkward. From your photos, it shows that your roof is black (correct me if i'm wrong), so it's even more weird looking upclose. Obviously your CF hood looks like black from a distance, thus making it look more "matched" from afar.

I'm glad that you got rid of the fender stickers/decals. I dig your new wheels, are they AG M359? Your car would look so much better once you lower it and close out that gaps between your wheels and fenders.

and lastly, since you got rear ended, maybe it's time for a new rear bumper?
Appreciate 0