View Single Post
      05-24-2011, 05:40 AM   #1
RP2192
Rep
Drives: E92 320d M Sport

Extend Warranty Or Not....E92 320d

Hello All,

I'm new to this site and hope you can give me some guidance / info.

I've just purchased a used E92 320d M sport - it will arriving early next week. The place I have purchased it from gives me 6 months warranty which is very comprehensive and can be used at main dealers. They have offered me an additional another year for £580 - thus giving me 18mths warranty overall

My question is should I purchase the extra warranty now, or not at all. This is the first diesel car I have purchased so I know very little about their ownership and have read the forums etc and note that things like the turbo's etc can go and are a costly replacement. I've always had petrol BMW's before and generally after the initial warramty there has never been the need to extend. The car in question is a 07 plate and has full service history and has done 70k.

What do diesel owners recommend - buy the extra warranty or should the free 6mths allow enough time for any obvious issue to present themselves. The car in question drives fantastic and is a 1 owner car - mainly motorway miles - it pulls great and rides very smooth.

I checked the likes of warranty direct and warranty wise etc and found the quote for 1 yr warranty to be circa £530 but have heard they can try and get out of warranty claims if they can.

My previous car was a 6cyl e46 vert so this is very different but I really liked the low rev pulling power of the diesel.

Thank you in adavance for any info you can provide.
Appreciate 0