Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWfan07 View Post
Did you get your actuators replaced?

If yes,
Did it fix the problem? How is the car's performance after?
Yes.
I got both actuators replaced even though the ticking only came from the rear.
The ticking sound is completely gone, and I'm completely happy.

Luckily for me, I just called my service advicor who happens to be the service manager and told him about my issues and I communicated the SIB number. He ordered the parts for me once we ended the phone call because he knows that I know what I'm talking about.
This saved me the hastle of going there just for them to tell me what I already know.

My car was there for 2.5 days and I've had no problems whatsoever.
The actuators are the problem here and I'll tell you why:

The internal workings, aka the diaphram, is failing. Since the actuators are vacuum operated, the vacuum is what is pulling the actuator rod into the diaphram.
When I was putting my OEM dowmpipes back on my car, my friend and I did a test with the rear actuator. We took the vacuum hose off of the actuator and connected a hand pump to the rear actuator. We used the pump to activate the actuator so it would close the wastegate. We did this until the actuator couldn't go any further. The actuator could not pull back the wastegate any further, so the next step was to check the wastegate. At this point the wastegate should be making a solid seal (the wastegate should be completely closed). Well, my wastegate was not closed all the way.
This is the ticking sound. The wastegate is rattling against the seal.

So think about it. Even if the dealer updated the software to tell my actuator to close my wastegate harder, then it wouldn't have happened since my actuator was already maxed out.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0