05-18-2007, 04:59 PM   #28
droptop335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i (E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
You're trying to figure out whether it's worth spending $1300 bucks to help you with your 0-20 times? Fugitaboutit and keep your money in your pocket.
Hey, we all paid good money for a car that does lots of things better and faster than we really need. It's all about the thrill of having something that has been engineered well, and can kick the ass of just about everything else on the road. Some of us have paid EXTRA money (for a PROcede) to have a car that can kick the ass of most of the other 335s as well.

Do we need a car that will go 155 the once or twice we have the opportunity to do so? Probably not, but it's a hell of a lot of fun when we can, right?

Everybody has to weigh the following question: At what point do I stop paying for more performance/engineering? Most of us on this board have stopped at the point occupied by the 335i. Others who may have deeper pockets may stop at an E55, or may keep going and get a Ferrari Enzo.

I love having the most perfomance I can buy as well, but I don't have unlimited resources, and I would venture to guess that most of you here don't either.

So, we have to decide what performance level is the most we are willing to pay for. It's the old cost/benefit ratio, better known in car circles as price/performance ratio.

I was just trying to raise some of the points I have considered in my choice of a car and its upgrades, and to be honest, even those probably won't keep me from getting a PROcede, or any other reasonably priced add-on that will allow me to leave even more people in my dust!

MHD Stage 1 Flash, M-Factory Helical LSD

By the way people: USE YOUR F&*#ING TURN SIGNALS! Pass the word.
Appreciate 0