09-01-2011, 05:46 AM   #108
AdrianSi
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d LCi MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by khurmit View Post
I bought this over the weekend and installed it straight away - WOW it really is worth the money

At first I thought it was way too Bassy but then Anneka told me to adjust the EQ of my playing device (HTC Desire HD playing MP3s connected through aux in port in armrest) and now it's just spot on - I can select different EQs to keep the missus happy (she don't like too much Bass) and playing from CD is just spot on - good clarity, bass, vocals, treble etc.

Had to adjust the Fader/Balance for the rear speakers as they end up being unheard, but now the sound is perfect with treble -1, bass -3, faded to the rear -3 and "Latino" equalizer set on my phone.

If you are thinking about this, it is definitely worth the money. Most difficult part of the DIY is splicing into the original wiring in the passenger/driver side sills.

When doing it I would recommend buying extra fasteners for things like the door card/mouldings etc as inevitably when removing bits some break.
This is good news, as I'm still considering the purchase away from the group buy that doesn't seem to be occurring now.

What are the bass levels like when playing from CD or Radio sources? I have Prof HDD I-drive, so I tend to listen via the harddrive and usb rather than the aux in. My phone (HTC desire Z) doesn't have an equaliser either.

I'm guessing that there isn't a possibility of activating the L7 equaliiser without the full L7 set up??? My mother has a 120d with the L7 upgrade factory installed, the equaliser and sound quality is superb!
Appreciate 0