View Single Post
      08-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
McLarenF1GTR
Private
Rep
Drives: 2005 E90 325i

Question Hello all! New to the forum and a few questions

Hello all, new to the forum but I have actually been a "CD-ROM" on Bimmerpost for quite a few years.

As my family have ordered the F20 118i M Sport as the second car, which IMO is quite a bargain, the E90 will be forced out of the covered parking space when the new car arrived...

Since there is no plan to replace the E90 just yet (the F30 328i M Sport is for sure tempting...), I want to make some preparations for outdoor parking. Therefore, I have come up with this little project in my mind.

1. Windows-tinting, anyone tried Wait To's FSK UV cut? Are they good? I see some of their packages come with the windshield piece, is it legal at all?

2. Carsland @ North Point, a lot of ppl recommend this place, really good? Want to try their $1,800 package and hopefully reduce the UV harm to the paint. And also the interior steam thingy...

3. Car-cover/Coat/Umbrella/Tent, whatever the name is... Have anyone tried them? I heard that the "cover/coat" type will scratch the paint if sand is blown inside the cover. But the umbrella type only cover the glass portion of the car, I want to also cover the hood and trunk at least. How about car-tee, (www.car-tee.com) anyone tried?

Okay, the rest does not necessary have to do with the sun, I admit...

4. Rims repairing/painting, have anyone tried the tires shops in Prince Edward famous for rims repairing? My set of rims are dented and I also want to paint the center portion black or gun metal or gray.

5. M-Tech kit...where to get the pre-LCI kit beside BMW HK? I heard Valiant or Deutschland but the price seems to be varied. Also where is the good place to paint and install?

Attached a picture of the car in question:

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0