12-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #18
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
288 to 355 is a significant jump ? like on the 335i ? would you not need to modify other bits to sustain this power increase i.e intercoolers etc ?
With no extra mods, simply pluged in my DTUK CRD-T in - when rolling roaded on a dyno dynamics RR it made 340 bhp and 510 lbs/ft

Felt nice an strong on the road - returned better econ when driven appropriately too

On my E92 335d m sport 07 plate I ran it from just over 20,000 to 120,000 miles with no major brake downs or faults
The only issues I ran in to was the common boost pipe seals and toward 100,000 miles the rubber o-ring's that sit on the swirl flaps started to weep oil - removed them and replace with blanking plugs
Also removed the EGR too , once the ecu had adapted fully the car felt like it'd gain afew ponies, but the main of it was the power band - the power came on sooner and held on longer in the revs

I had the same tuning box on my other E92 335d SE 56 plate - covered 50,000 miles, again, faultless

The same box, reflashed and a new loom is currently on my Audi a6 3.0 tdi Quattro - 20,000 and counting, no faults caused by the box what so ever ......

It's fair to say that my DTUK CRD-T has paid for itself many times over - one initial outlay, one extra loom later and still going strong

Happy to answer any questions