View Single Post
      05-16-2015, 04:13 PM   #26
NavyDoc
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Yes, they are still available. I purchased them from allblackbimmer.

He said they were V3s, but they are actually V2s for an e91 or e93 (wont fit xi).

Im looking for V3s so Id like to sell them. I initially thought that the shocks were blown, but after talking to KW tech support, they said that the piston isnt under positive pressure, so it wont automatically expand like other gas shocks do.

I had a guy polish/clean the shock tubes and clean the springs. I also had a machinist fix some of the threads that were screwed up from a $hitty removal job (all of this was before I talked to KW and found out they were V2s...ugh).

The front and rear need bump stops, dust shields, and retaining clips. The total for this from KW is $137.88 plus shipping (about $15). I have the part numbers if the buyer is interested.

Issues, as far as I can tell, include a wear mark in one of the threads in the front shocks (see attached picture), which is at the bottom of the threads so it shouldnt matter as long as you arent going to slam your car millimeters off the ground. There is also a broken off alignment stud in one of the front shocks, but this shouldnt really matter if you install it correctly (see attached picture). Also, the springs have some chipping paint. All in all someone can still get a decent set of shocks for way less than the sticker price. To be 100% transparent I paid $440 for the setup (not including my time/gas to drive to meet the original seller). I also have $160 in cleanup/polishing/repair fees. Id like to break even if possible.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0