View Single Post
      04-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
riceygts
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 N54 6MT

HKS Exhaust Review on E92

I just got this piece installed at Bavarian Exclusive. I have to thank Bobby for the wonderful service, awesome price and Duy for the smooth install.

Some initial impressions:

1. The fitment was 100% dead on.. everything lined up perfectly with no issues whatsoever. You can tell they put in their R&D time.

2. The quality of the exhaust is top notch, as to be expected from a company like HKS. From the packaging materials to the exhaust itself.. It put a smile to my face. They even include a tool to plug up and properly hide the exhaust flap vacuum hose.

3. The sound is intoxicating when pushed, but barely noticeable when at partial throttle (no drone at all). While cruising with my windows up, I can hardly tell that I've added an aftermarket exhaust. (keep in mind I have catless downpipes too!). This system is one of the quietest exhausts I've heard on this car.

4. The titanium burnt tips look pretty nice.. but that is subjective. I would think the burnt blue color would match nicely with a montego blue car.

5. I can not comment on the gains as 10-15hp is hard to feel via butt dyno especially after feeling the addition of a JB3. Grassroots motorsports magazine did do a comparison test on 335 exhaust systems (which included AE and HKS) and the HKS came up ontop with +13hp.

Here is a video of a cold start. My other mods include Injen DCI, AR catless downpipes, and JB3. The rattling sound only happens from a cold start.

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BC90OliYsto&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BC90OliYsto&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

Last edited by riceygts; 04-25-2009 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0