View Single Post
      05-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Lowlife_e90x
Rep
Drives: e90 Spacegrau

KW Variant 1 Coil-Over Review on 2011 E90x

The goal was simple. Stance. Get rid of the XDrive gap. Make it look OEM and clean. What I got has completely changed the cars handling and ride. No more bouncing around.The best thing I could have done for the money. The ride quality and level of handling is perfect. The ride is not bouncy, or too harsh in any way running 19s. Turn-in is unbelievably quick with this setup. No rubbing when set properly. Quality and time taken to design this kit is more then noticeable. Their built quality is great. Not my first time around the block. Compared to other brand suspension kits I've experienced, APex, NEX, from years ago, it's day and night. You can tell a good German quality product. Installation was pretty simple and straightforward. With the right tools and experience, ~ 2.5hrs. Instructions were clear and all parts were in the box. Adjusting the kit is a little tricky in the rear because the spring sits tight against the perch. Your best bet is dropping the lower control arm. I did it from the middle. Wheel alignment is highly recommended. So if anyone's looking at upgrading suspension, I suggest KW V1 kit.

Here are some pics. Sorry for the shtty iPhone quality, more to come.

Last edited by Lowlife_e90x; 08-28-2013 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0