View Single Post
      08-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #18
Peter@VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: P85D

This thread is definitely a good collection of information, for whose who seek it. But it seems that the thread is also directed toward us and so we will be glad to provide input.

VMR Wheels has been providing quality aftermarket wheels to various communities for more than five years. On the BMW side, our selection spans three generations of 3-Series vehicles from E36 to E92. Our factory posess approvals including the ISO-9001:2000 certification. On wheel specific regulations, theres JWL/VIA certifications, as well as meeting or exceeding criteria as published by SAE and TUV.

Most individuals within the manufacturing community posess information about one another, with details including factory location, sales volume, country of origin, manufacturing specifics, choice of raw materials, where they come from, etc. In the sourcing process, I'm sure everyone has come across other brands being made, while walking thru the floors of various facilities. Every factory is put together differently, and without a complete analysis covering every field, the conclusions being made are subjective at best. Some might take a keen interest in seeing how the industry is connected with one another, but for others, their goal is to search out reliable vendors to purchase modifications for their vehicles.

Before purchasing wheels or anything on this forum for that matter, I would recommend using the "search" button to research material that will make you comfortable with making such a large purchase. You can search for past information such as track record, customer testimonials, or even the approach one takes when certain issues such as warranty pop up. I do the same thing when modding my car .

Any questions feel free to contact me directly.

Last edited by Peter@VMRWheels; 08-25-2009 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: spell check
Appreciate 0