07-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #215
Overboost
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
That's where I disagree. Aits are all close enough with all the Intercoolers mentioned here. The pressure drop is simply listed for some with zero info that actually shows something. If I have a boost target of 20 psi and intercooler A reaches that target with an iat of 100 and a pressure drop of 2 then that Turbo is pushing a min of 22 psi. Say if B hits 115 aits but the Turbo is spinning at 20.5 psi.....
I would chose option B every single time.
like I said iat wise they are all close enough to where it doesn't matter, ESP on Meth. Flow wise its clearly obvious that some end tanks flow better than others.
I do agree with you, however ur argument is more geared towards reliability than power. Regardless of how fast the turbo's aer spinning, if they both reach teh same boost target, the intercooler that produces the lower IATs, thus more dense charged air will produce the most power. In ur case choosing the intercooler that keeps the turbos spinning at a lower rpm will only extend the life of the turbos. Not making an argument of it but just saying that at the mod levels that i have seen anyone reach on this forum the most limiting factor to the intercoolers at this point is IAT and not pressure drop. All intercoolers i have seen so far have managed to improve on both factors over stock. I havent tried meth on my car yet so i cant give an accurate discussion into that. I do understand the chemistry behind alcohols and their rate of evaporation improving cooling efficiency so I will take your word for it. If it is indeed tru that all the intercoolers do have IATs in teh same range which this comparison does not suggest then i totally agree with ur statement.
Appreciate 0