United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I know you did.

I always answer with lower than normal prices too. Like i'm a tight ass mofo. Don't want anyone asking for a loan or something!

Like if i were OP; i would have said i bought my wheels used from a guy getting a divorce and needed cash. Paid $100 a wheel!

In fact, all my suspension, exhaust, trunk lid, etc... all was used for super cheap. Only have $1200 in mods on my car.

This also helps reduce the stigma of only pricks driving BMWs.

Now that i think about, it i tend to answer any question about my car the opposite way i think the typical BMW driver would.
I tend to do this as well. If an enthusiast comes up to me and asks specifically how much the CP-E exhaust costs because they want to buy one, I'll happily give them the info. I would also tell a real estate agent how much I paid for my house if it came up in conversation. That's just industry talk. What I think is rude is when someone walks up to someone driving a nice car and just straight out asks how much it cost them. I just don't understand why they need to know other than to judge the person they are asking.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0