View Single Post
      10-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerboo View Post
has anyone fitted the bmw performance brake kit to a335d is it much better than standard is it worth the cost?
Speak to Ian (HotCoupe) - he has the BMW BBK on his 335d. I used to have the same kit on my 335i, and whilst it was fine on the road and autobahn, it didn't hold up so well hot-lapping around the 'Ring. So I've now changed to AP Racing 6pots...!

The other issue I had with them (at the time) was availability of aftermarket brake pads - the BMW BBK uses the same pad as that which comes as standard on the 135i. However, the supplied pads with the BBK are standard spec Jurid 310 pads (which can be bettered considerably). To make the BBK come alive IMO, you need to upgrade the pads to something like Ferodo DS2500 or Pagid 421. At the time I had the BMW BBK, these pads just weren't available, and so I had to have custom pads machined up to fit (as I destroyed the supplied Jurid pads after three or four laps of the 'Ring )

Now the pad situation is different, with the Pagid pads becoming available. I suggested to Ian (Hotcoupe) that to get the most out of the BBK he should invest in a pad upgrade - whether or not he has done it yet I don't know...
Appreciate 0