04-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #14
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyhot85 View Post
Well first off.. I Have securely fastened my flame suit and I have left no spot open vulnerable...

That being said.. I do drift turns every now and then..
Just started drizzling came around a nice 90 deg turn in first slipped the clutch and i gotta say awd is amazing but the one downfall when all wheels are spinning and your not in the right angle that it kicks the back-end out your asking for trouble

So i come into the turn a little to straight, spun em.. and the front wheel cracks right into a curb.. All the little 4x4 lights go crazy and my rim i can feel right away is shot.. Well the rim is totaled and my car is just sitting on the side of a road..

There it is... Lesson learned.. I had 19" CSL Reps what do u think im looking at in damage.. And what is the likely hood of the tire being shot..

Btw nooo car damage thank god..

I will have pics tommorow morning.. Thats for listening

UPDATE:
I have further looked at the damage.. and ohhh my i believe i have broken the control arms or axel or whatever bmw uses because the wheel is pushed back into the fender..

I had it towed to BMW from roadside.. very cool service btw and im gunna have to go through insurance.. Im gunna try to get a new set.. I hope they give me a set of wheels..

LOL....

Don't drift in an awd car unless it's in the snow and in a parking lot with no one around.

BMW, like every car manufacturer uses both control arms and axle.

You're axle is probably ok, but your lower control arm is definitely bent, your spindle/hub assembly/wheel bearing is most likely toast and theres a chance your knuckle along with the strut is broken as well.

File an insurance claim and take the premium hit because this sure won't be cheap to fix. Everyone makes mistakes, the key is to learn from them
Appreciate 0