11-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #140
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj55 View Post
Looking at Clammys post it seems that the winter tyres are expensive in north America
They are... for example, a set of winter wheels and tires for my 335i from Tire Rack (online retailer, usually offering better pricing than most B&M stores here) just accepting their "preferred package" is $1,252.00 before shipping. That's 225/45R17 Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II Run Flat with MSW Type 22 17x7.5 wheels. Most people don't consider that a necessity, but it is awful reassuring to have them.

My current setup is Blizzaks on Style 157s which is probably a better setup than TR's, but please don't ask me how much I have in it... tried to buy stuff used 'n' cheap and while I got a great deal on the tires I ended up having to have two wheels repaired so there went all my savings, and one still has a nick in one of the beads but I needed to get them on the car so I will address that next spring. sigh... At least I don't worry about getting caught out in the snow however, and if it gets too bad I still have my trusty Jeep Cherokee.
Appreciate 0