Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbutsure View Post
Hello. Love the story. That's love man!

I like to have a lift at home also, would you mind sharing your setup at home (especially the lift)? Would you kindly post up pics? thanks
I'll dig up some pics later for you. But basically I built a 30 x 26 pole building, which is a barn-style building with a concrete floor and the main service area is 18 x 26 where the lift is. The other side is 12 x 26. Above the 18 x 26 space is a loft. I got the plans off the internet for $45. The plans are ASA-certified plans and should pass most county building codes. The lift requires a 12-foot ceiling height, so I had to modifiy the plans and we made the ceiling 14 foot inside the 18 x 26 shop area. The floor is a minimum 9" everywhere but about 15" thick under the lift (just to be safe). The lift really only requires a minimum of 4" of high-pressure concrete. The roof of the barn is steel and the siding is 1/2 OSB covered with HardyPlank concrete siding.

Inside I have a Rotary SPO-A10, which is an asymetrical 2-post lift with a 10,000 pound capacity. It is one of the most popular commerical lifts on the market. It cost $3,500 installed in December 2004. I have a Ingersol-Rand SL55 air compressor. The shop is heated with a 65,000 BTU Hot Dawg shop heater that hangs from the ceiling in the corner and with a 100 gallon propane tank for the fuel source.

Thanks for asking. Once you have a lift, you never go back to crawling under a car. Hell, I even lift them just to wax the doors.
Appreciate 0