badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieman24 View Post
I am as well, and completely agree.

Change the tax withholding around so that more is coming in every paycheck instead of getting that lump sum many months later. Having more every paycheck will more likely get used for things with a purpose, like making bigger payments towards outstanding debts. But instead, people get that refund check and have the mentality that it wasn't theirs to begin with and go out and buy that big screen TV or some other unnecessary splurge... while still paying 10+ percent on that credit card balance.

After all, one of the most basic principles of finance is 'money received now is worth more than money later'.
Good/Bad advice. If you have a bigger paycheck, you will spend more. If you get a nice refund around tax time, you can use it towards much better things (unless how suggested by you, if you have credit card debt, bigger paycheck is better). However, my own pay stub is perfectly executed so I owe nothing and get nothing during tax time. You can do this but if you can't control your monthly expenses, do 0 exemptions so have something coming back!
Appreciate 0